Sunday, December 26, 2010

So you think you can communicate?

In every self-improvement book I have read, the consistent message was to join a Toastmasters Club. Communication is key in all relationships - whether for career or for personal life.  One may think they can communicate well - however there is always room for improvement. 

I am a member of two clubs now - Morrisburg Toastmasters (http://www.morrisburgtoastmasters.com/) and an Ottawa bilingual club called Avancé Synergie (http://avancesynergie.freetoasthost.org/).

My goal for my 101 list is to complete my english CC (Competent Communicator) and my CL (Competent Leader). CC This consisted of 10 speeches all focused on improving part of my presentation whether it be organizing, vocal variety, memorizing etc.  After each speech - I was evaluated and offered suggestions of improvement.  Below are the topics I chose for my 10 projects.


October 2010 - I finally completed my CC - below is my certificate! :)  I am now working on my English Competent Leader and my French CC.



No comments:

Post a Comment