Monday, March 22, 2010

Family Wealth Planning Package

Finally - I get to scratch another thing of my list! #44 - Get a Will done! Getting a Legal Will done was always on "my list of things to do". Going to Mexico (and this 101 list) kind of put the fire under my butt to get it completed.

I decided to get our Will done by Michele Allinotte from Allinotte Law Office, http://www.allinottelawoffice.com/. Below is a photo of Michele and I (I'm holding my new Family Wealth Planning Package!) Michele was great and made us feel very comfortable!



Sitting down with my husband Marty to discuss our wishes was a weird feeling at first - but it turned out to be a great experience. A lot of it, we just assumed we knew what the other wanted - but I think we learned a lot. It forced us to discuss things we wouldn't normally discuss. Marty felt it a little morbid talking about dying - I felt getting everything organized and knowing things would be taken care of should something happen to either of us (or both of us) gave me a sense of relief. It was a serious conversation - and at the same time we had a lot of laughs.

We don't plan on dying - but nobody does! You just never know!



No comments:

Post a Comment