Friday, June 17, 2011

There is something about true stories...

A couple of weeks ago - I read a book written by my uncle, Jacques Kahale.  He is currently retired, and his dream was to write a book about his life so his kids could have something tangible about his past.  As much as I thought I knew my uncle, reading his book helped me learn more about him.

His book was an easy read - I learned a little about Egypt, the war, the culture. I was amazed at some points of the book I laughed out loud and at other points my heart was hurting. 

This book starts with the life of his parents (by stories told to him by his father) and finishes with him leaving Egypt and coming to Canada. He is currently writing his next book in which he will talk about the beginning years in Canada - including when he met my aunt, my mother's sister! Can't wait!

Many people have the aspirations of writing a book - but never put the plan in to action.  I am very proud of him! 

Another book read for #13 on my list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment