Monday, June 13, 2011

April Challenge with the Hubby :)

Living a paleo lifestyle 90% of the time is what I strive to accomplish.  It can be difficult when the person you spend most of your time with isn't quite on board with this way of living.

In March, I asked my husband (who loves his sandwiches, snacks and beer) if he would do a 30 day Paleo Challenge with me in April.  After some consideration, he agreed and for 30 days we did not have any sugar, grains/bread, dairy, or alcohol.  What we did eat was meat, fruits, vegetables, seafood/fish, nuts.

The first week was a challenge, but after 2 weeks - it got much easier. We both noticed after 30 days we were calm, collective, our communication with each other improved drastically, we had a lot of patience and we were sleeping much better at night.

He is now starting to understand why my goal to live a Paleo lifestyle is important to me and we now try and make all our meals Paleo.  Of course with him having the occasional sandwich and beer on the weekends ;)!

Below are some photos of the types of meals we ate and continue to eat after the challenge.

Breakfast was by far my favorite meal of the day. 

Paleo Pancakes, Organic Sausage & Organic Bacon

Organic Bacon, Scrambled Eggs with left over beef, fruit & avocado


boiled egg, avocado, fruit and pecans

Here are some examples of our dinners (which we often had left overs for lunch)

Grass-fed steak on the BBQ!

organic chicken meat pie with sweet potato
    
Organic Chicken & Veges with Salad

Organic meatball soup - big hit in our house! Lots of leftovers

Organic Beef Goulash

Organic Shrimp with Asparagus

Here are some photos of the snacks we had:

homemade beef jerkey

Larabars if really having a bad day. I usually cut them in 3 pieces for 3 snacks
Tuna Balls
Organic Dates with Pecans - tastes like pecan pie!
coconut milk ice cream - expensive, but delicious!
It was a fun challenge and it helped that we did it together.  It's something that we are proud of! I can't wait until he does the challenge with me again.....he thinks otherwise ;)

This challenge allowed me to scratch #10 off my 101 list!

No comments:

Post a Comment